Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer Project

After blogging yesterday, the rest of the day was a blast! I am finally back here in my cubicle having the little time to blog about yesterday. By the way, i couldnt get to online in my apartment yet since there's no internet line there.

Yesterday i met with at least 20-30 new people around the manufacturing site. My office is located just beside a warehouse. Not like those freaking run-down kind of office, in fact it is pretty awesome! :)

Because i will be working around the warehouse here, i needed some steel toe shoe. HAlliburton got me a voucher and then asked me to go outside where there's a huge truck selling all the safety shoes. I gave them the voucher and chose any kind of shoes that i want for free ! Next thing i know was the voucher could be used to purchase 2 pairs! Cool... I got myself a Converse and a Sketches. Then i was given a set of ear buds, a cool "Halliburton" hard hat, a pair of gloves and also my employee ID card! haha. I could basicaly access to all the doors here in the Manufacturing Center. :)

Then my manager brought me to meet with Shane which is the PGL (Production Group Leader) of the East Warehouse after meeting with Jason and Ricky who is the PGL for the West warehouse. East warehouse has all the super huge machineries and parts. They have likee 4 auto programming machines that will get the parts needed out from the shelfs which is about 4-5 stories tall. How cool is that!!! Then Brent decided to let me in charge of the M zone of the warehouse. Out of curiousity, i asked why. And then he smiled and he along with Shane brought me to look at M zone.... It is a freaking open air warehouse and it is enormous! It stores all the huge parts of Halliburton's truck like the enginers, pumps and stuffs. Basically all the red stuffs ( you will know why later).. It covers probably 10 to 20 acre of land! hahaha... Spending the summer under the sun man> :P After several debates, they decided to let me in charge of the parts that build the "Elite" truck. The parts may be in some other zones but basically i need to have them somehow compile and labeled somewhere so that they can get it immediately whenever they want! What a challenge! I love it really.

After work, Tim and I went to Walmart to get stuffs for our home. Earlier that day we went to Rent-A-Center which is a store where they will rent you everything from a couch to a bed to playstation. Because we didnt have furniture in our apartment, we rent it from the store. We each rent a bed along with dressing sets, a desk for our room, a nice lazboy couch for our living room, DVD player with home stereo, 30+ inch flat screen TV, and a nice wooden dining table. It costed us 845 USD per month. Not that bad since we'll each have USD 1000 per person/month for accomodation and food. Deducting the rent, we'll still have some money for our food.

Anyway, it was a superbly tiring day yesterday settling down and unpacking everything. Today is a more relaxing day. Tonight will be going to the nearby recreation center for some volleyball with some other cool Halliburton people here. :) I'm gonna get over to my advisor's office now! Take care!
Storage of parts that used to build this truck is now my responsibility! That's all the red stuffs that i am talking about man! By the way, this manufacturing center exports parts to every part of the world. They will be having their parts exported to Malaysia this Thursday! Cool...!

0 comments: