Tuesday, May 12, 2009

School's out!!

Finally i am done with my finals! It's been a while since i last updated my blog. Life's been so exciting and interesting that i couldnt find any time to blog about it!!!!! :)LOL. Henry (my roommate) went back to Malaysia on Monday and so does most of my friends for freaking 3 months!!!! (roti canai, bakkut teh, cha kuey teow, curry mee, laksa....Oh my..) I will be home alone for the next few days until this saturday where i will be moving to Duncan, Oklahoma for my internship!! Woohoo! Cant wait man!

So my finals went well last week and i had my result out yesterday! I got a 4.0 GPA again this semester. Way to go man! This semester has been the highest average that i had gotten for any subjects. Here's the break down:

(a) Thermodynamics - 95.5% (198/200% for my final exam)
(b) Engineering Economic - 97.4% (150/150 % for my final exam)
(c) Engineering Programming - 95.9% (92% for my final exam)
(d) Intro to Arts - 98% (100% for my final paper)
(e) Intro to Electrical - final average not out yet, only grade.

Anyway, on the monday of finals, Dr Thompson (my mentor) brought 4 of the Halliburton scholars out to a nearby Japanese restaurant which is awesome but expensive thou but Dr Thompson's buying us the meal so.. who cares! LOL.



My Scallop with Fried rice Meal! 17 Dollars! LOL
That little boy is pee-ing on the pool of fire!

That's Dr Thompson trying to catch a piece of Shrimp thrown over by the Chef! Unfortunately, he didnt get it! Awww.. LOL
That's us! :)

Then on the friday after i finish my finals, we had a potluck party with some friends and we invited Dr Thompson once again. One of our Thai friend cooked us Thai Tomyam and it was so awesome! It feels like those in Malaysia Hawker stall but much healthier. After that i went to iHop, one of the few 24 hrs restaurant in Stillwater for some drink with some of my friends and hang out there. After i went home, i watched Family Guy !! OMG! I found myself addicted to Family Guy and also George Lopez movie man! Go check it out! You will definitely laugh off your head. On Saturday morning, i went to my friend's commencement at Gallagher Iba arena where me too will be receiving my graduating certificate in 2 years time! Cant wait for that day! The scene was so cool and fortunately/unfortunately in some sense, we took the furthest but highest spot on the basketball stadium and it was already filled with people. In the afternoon, me and Henry went for lunch with Curt because he will be helping us to move some furnitures from a Japanese girl house to our house (we bought it from her with a low price since she is leaving Stillwater) since he has a truck. Our house feel more like a HOME now with the nice furniture especially the couch that we bought. Furnitures can really transform a house.



This is the place that i am going to have my commencement! :)

Courtney Tang (Taiwan) and I. She's my cute sister in Christ.
Tony from Malaysia and I


Cool Matt and I

On that night, Malaysian Student Society had a Graduation Banquet for those graduating Malaysian at one of the small ballroom. Oh ya!! I was elected to be the money man (treasurer) of MSS for 2009-2010 school year, so as committees, some of us needed to get there early and set up the banquet before guests arrives. Nothing much happens. Everyone just had a great time hanging around and spending time together.


That's Hui Hui with the four who came to OSU in Fall 2008 ( Henry, Vicnesh, Yu Jun, and Me)
Hui Hui helped us to get our apartment and all our procedures done when we were in Malaysia. She was the formet President of International Student Organization. Smart and educated mommy now with her 5 months old baby just born! :)


LOL. My laptop skin...ahha

Bee and I. Bee was the MSS president who helped us a lot in settling down in U.S. Nice girl. Owe her a lot!


Commitee aint suppose to eat!!!! Oopss.

Group photos with all the Malaysian students.

This is KL and I. KL is a super senior here in OSU. See how close are we?? -winks.. cause he is big horse and i am small horse as in the chinese zodiac! So he is exactly 12 years elder than me!! We are both born in the year of horse but 12 years apart!! awesome! haha!


Sunday morning, i went to church early at 930am for the bible study class and then service at 11am. As everyone knows(except and somehow, me) , sunday was Mother's day!! I wished my mom on my friday, which is Malaysia's saturday thinking that it was already Mother's day and my mom say thank you and stuffs! Then, what the heck!! My friend told me it was actually Sunday! So i called and then wished again! hahahah! (MOM, it was actually excuse to just call and talk to you) LOL.

By the way, Curt's cool and awesome parents came to the church that day as well for the service. After church, we went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch. It is another expensive restaurant and again, his dad bought me the meal! LOL. I bought his mom a packet of Almond "Kisses" chocolates and wrote her a card. She said she loves it! haha! Mentioning of "Kisses" chocolates, my students which i tutored frequently this semester bought me a gift on the last tutoring session. They bought me some "kisses" chocolates, a Sonic Dining Gift Card, and a crossword puzzle exercise! Crap! Cause one of my students love to play with crossword puzzle and i never get to solve one yet!! So, they bought me a book fill of crossword so that i could practice it over the summer!!!! (HOW THOUGHTFUL...) hahhaa!



This is it. My buddy for the summer.

For Curt's mom!.

That night, MSS had a committee dinner at Kyoto ( another japanese restaurant) and it costed me 16dollars! What the heck!! Lol!

After that Sunday, nothing much happens. Been watching a lot of Family Guy online, packing, work out, clean up and stuffs all ALONE AT HOME!! Crap! I'm bored! So.. if you see me on msn or facebook, nudge me or talk to me before i am covered with dusts! :)

Anyway it is steaming out there with the sun blazing at us!! I am out to get some sun man! Till then, take care!

1 comments:

Samantha Chow said...

finally, a proper post on wht you've been up to! :)